Please help me reach my target of £100,000 for Alzheimer’s Research UK (ARUK)
Many people have pre-conceptions about dementia, and often, it is only when someone is personally affected that they begin to find out about it.
Dementia has had a profound impact upon our family. During the last 10 years we have lost two very dear family members. Alma who succumbed to the effects of vascular dementia in a matter of months, and Kingsley, who deteriorated to such an extent both mentally and physically that ultimately he couldn’t even recognise family members.
I have previously raised over £6000 for Alzheimers by running a marathon and walking the length of Britain. I am now devoting the next 4 years of my life, leaving family and friends and my cat Bilbo behind me , to raise a target of £100,000 for Alzheimer’s Research UK.
In 2017, Alzheimer’s and other dementias became the leading cause of death in the UK. With no treatments to stop or cure them, these are diseases that noone has yet survived. Alzheimer’s Research UK is committed to changing that and, with their supporters, they are here to make breakthroughs possible.
1. Dementia is caused by physical diseases, most commonly Alzheimer’s.
2. Today there are no treatments to stop or cure the diseases that cause dementia meaning no-one has yet survived.
3. Through medical research, diseases like cancer and HIV/AIDS can now be treated and we can make the same progress for people with dementia.
4. Alzheimer’s Research UK is funding ground breaking research into life-changing preventions, treatments and one day, a cure for the diseases that cause dementia.
5. ARUK have announced an ambition to commit a further £250m to dementia research by 2025.
6. With support, ARUK will make breakthroughs possible.
Thanks so much for supporting
DONATE HERE and help me reach my fundraising target for Alzheimer’s Research UK